Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced PHP developer, who prefers working with backend technologies, likes to take responsibility and be self propelled. Most of what we do is backend coding but also automating processes, maintaining servers and frontend. So if you prefer working in backend but don’t want to completely forget about frontend (and/or other) technologies, this is an offer for you! We are building a new team, in which developers have real influence on used technologies. We are looking for someone who wants to keep on learning about good practices in software development and is not afraid of new programming languages, technologies or approaches to software development.
Don’t be afraid if you don’t have great experience with all of the below technologies and practices. If you like the direction we want to go and you share our point of view we encourage you to send your CV!
We will like each other if:
- You know what object oriented programming is and how it differs from just using objects
- You worked with PHP 7 or just want to escape the PHP 5.x world
- You worked with frameworks such as Symfony and/or Zend
- You know the following terms: scalar types, complex types and static typing
- You know what a Value Object is and how it differs from primitive type (especially in terms on public API)
- You understand what SOLID principles are and try to use them in practice
- You know different design patterns and when to use them
- “Clean code” is not just an empty slogan to you
- You don’t try to solve every problem with “Maybe framework X?”
- You know and practice TDD or want to practice it
- You have familiarity in how sport betting works with different sports and markets
What we expect from you:
- At least 5 years of experience in object oriented PHP
- Knowledge of SOLID principles (best in practice)
- Familiarity with message queueing systems (like RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ or Kafka)
- Experience with Key-Value Storage systems (like Redis or memcached)
- You know how to write and use remote APIs (like REST, SOAP, RPC)
- You know at least one relational DB (PostgreSQL, MySQL) or systems like MongoDB
- You know how to work with Linux
- You know and use at least one VCS (preferably Git)
- You have a good command of English (we work in an international environment)
It would be nice if you also:
- have experience with PHP 7
- know how to build and compose Docker images and containers
- are familiar with CI and CD concepts
- know how to build redundant systems
- are familiar with web technologies (HTTP/S, websockets) and applications like nginx or Apache
- know how to write unit and integration tests with PHP
- Unit or other testing software
WHAT YOU CAN FIND HERE
- Work in new technologies.
- Possibility to work from home with own reasonable working hours but expected to come to office when available.
- Professional and career growth.
- Possibility to work from our Stockholm office for periods of the year.
- Business trips and conferences within and outside Europe.
- Relocation package to Malta.
- Pleasant environment and strong business backgrounds (no open space in the business center).